Manager, Internal Audit
Manager, Internal Audit, Peachtree City, Georgia
When you join our team as a Manager, Internal Audit, you will be responsible for the co-ordination and
completion of activities to accomplish
audit objectives effectively and efficiently in accordance with the annual
audit plan following accepted and applicable frameworks, such as COSO,
under the direction of the Director, Internal Audit.
What You’ll Do
- Determine scope of review in conjunction with the Director, Internal Audit
- Develop and perform audit procedures to accomplish audit objectives effectively and efficiently in accordance with the annual audit plan following accepted and applicable frameworks, such as COSO
- Ability to lead and perform audit testing procedures for NI52-109 compliance, while supervising, coaching, and collaborating with team members
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document processes
- Critically evaluate Interfor’s processes and system of internal controls for effectiveness and efficiency, and identify opportunities to streamline and standardize accounting processes, policies, procedures, and reporting
- Advise on “best practices” approach for internal controls throughout the Company
- Assist in the performance of audit procedures related to General IT Controls
- Train and educate staff on the importance of internal controls
- Analyze the internal and external business environment for trends and developments that have risk and/or internal control implications
- Stay abreast of changes in regulations to ensure timely compliance
- Assist and support in systems and financial projects in an advisory role
What You Offer
- Minimum education:
- Bachelor degree and a professional accounting designation (CPA) or MBA with strong accounting focus
- CIA designation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in internal audit, internal controls documentation and testing.
- Experience in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating internal controls
- Experience in financial process documentation
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, including IFRS
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills, and some experience with Microsoft Visio
- Knowledge of risks and best practice frameworks such as COBIT and COSO frameworks, as well as IIA internal audit standards is an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Strong decision-making and communication skills; ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate and persuasive manner
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate respect, dignity, and integrity in interpersonal relationships
- Public company reporting experience is preferred
- Flexibility in working hours as required to ensure that critical deadlines are met.
- Travel required in relation to the documentation and testing of internal controls at the divisional level.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.