Millwright1 - Night Shift
Millwright 1 – Night Shift, Swainsboro, GA
Interfor is seeking energetic and
enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Millwright 1 in Swainsboro, GA.
Starting rate for this position is $26.22 per hour with the potential to
grow based on skill level and experience.
What You’ll Do
- Read and understand equipment drawings and blueprints.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
- Cut, weld, and perform fabrication work with different types of steel.
- Assess repairs and estimate time frames to complete.
- Repair machinery in a timely manner.
- Identify mechanical and hydraulic problems and assist in findings solutions and making necessary repairs.
- Identify shaft sizes, measure up, and build shafts for replacement.
- Identify and change sprockets, bearings, and chains etc.
- Communicate directly and professionally with operators about how equipment is running to learn about any problems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the Planning and Scheduling Departments.
- Adhere to an absolute lock-out policy, ensuring that the power source is turned off, machine locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
- Submit work requests.
- Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and the time it took to complete the job.
What You Offer
- 2 to 4 years of millwright level experience.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent Preferred.
- Prior manufacturing/warehouse/lumber operations experience preferred.
- Ability and desire to work in varying seasonal climate conditions.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, climbing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.