Engineering Intern (Manufacturing)
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
Performs manufacturing engineering functions in the execution of production projects as part of a cross functional team. This includes project planning, optimization of manufacturing processes, technical problem solving, and development and improvement of manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize analytical skills to identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce costs and improve overall effectiveness of manufacturing processes
- Work with quality technicians to verify production part conformance to Nordson specifications
- Responsible for planning, organizing, executing and coordinating project assignments
- Design and fabricate fixtures and tooling for assembly operations
- Assure product and process quality through development of standard work
- Assist engineering team with design and programming of partially and fully automated manufacturing cells
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, or other engineering discipline
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Ability to design and analyze components and complex assemblies using 3D modeling and simulation tools (SolidWorks®)
- Understanding and ability to design equipment utilizing a broad range of manufacturing processes consistent with project scope using Lean Six Sigma and DFMA methodologies
- Industrial automation experience
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.