Marketing Communications Specialist
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaterals: Develops all print and interactive brochures, presentations, case studies, sales sheets, videos, animations, etc., to support promotion of Nordson Product Assembly capabilities and sales of Nordson Product Assembly products and services
- Web site: Responsible for supporting the Web Site Administrator regarding product Assembly including regular updates to content, search engine optimization (SEO) and related tasks. Monitors and interprets analytics. Participates in emerging initiatives on digital marketing capabilities, including personalization, and lead scoring.
- Media relations: Develops regular cadence of press releases, feature stories, videos, case histories and other content to build brand awareness. Serves as media spokesperson as required.
- Advertising: Develops, implements, and evaluates paid traditional and online advertising campaigns.
- Trade shows: Supports regional teams in Product Assembly show planning and messaging.
- Social media: Develops and executes a social media plan to engage potential customers and build brand awareness.
- Budget: Proposes an annual communications budget. Tracks monthly progress and provides budgetary and forecast information.
- Measurement: Provides results and insight to key constituents regarding the effectiveness of marketing communication activities.
- Internal Communication: Works with Product Assembly Division leadership to ensure corporate and business strategy and goals are disseminated and understood throughout their organizations. Works in collaboration with Corporate Communications department as required and participates in any corporate communication initiatives.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or related field required
- Additional professional designations desirable: Accredited Business Communicator (ABC), Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) or similar
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial (preferred), commercial or agency marketing communications experience
- Experience in developing and executing marketing communication programs
Skills and Abilities
- Successful candidate will be a driven, self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- A creative mindset, willingness to challenge the norm and champion better ways.
- Microsoft office 365 Suite proficiency.
- Experience with digital marketing tools and CRM systems a plus.
- Strength in value selling and communicating return on investment.
- Capable of distilling the complex to simple, concise, and powerful messaging.
- Ability to work with diverse internal colleagues, external customers, and contractors.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.