Computer Engineering Intern
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
We are actively looking for a Software Engineer co-op. As a Software Engineer co-op, you will gain firsthand experience with resource constrained distributed embedded systems. You will be given project-based assignments to facilitate your growth while helping automate and streamline our development process. You will also get the opportunity to collaborate with top developers with experience in a range of development areas from bootloaders to web pages.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement high quality software solutions to meet or exceed project requirements
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues in a timely and effective manner
- Test and validate software to ensure it meets requirement guidelines
- Meet or exceed project deliverable deadline
- Create detailed documentation of project implementation, roadblocks, and solutions
- Provide status updates on project progress
Education and Experience Requirements
- Have or pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Introductory grasp of software design principles and software development processes
- Some debugging experience with and without debugging tools
- Some experience with real time operating systems (RTOS)
- An interest in automation
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work and embedded systems
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and writing skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a cross functional team environment
- Strong desire to learn and develop skillset
Estimated 5% (Domestic Travel)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office/Industrial Manufacturing Environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to effectively execute this role. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.