Technical Services Representative - (Industrial Manufacturing Equipment)
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
Technical Service Representatives act as product experts and are the first line of contact/support for end users, internal field technicians and sales specialists for all of Nordson Adhesives Dispensing Equipment. Technical Service Representatives will be responsible for troubleshooting, assisting with installations, equipment quality/operation and part(s) inquiries.
They will work closely with internal teams to resolve customer issues in an efficient and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in a live phone call/email rotation to provide efficient and timely resolution to internal and external service and support inquiries on Nordson packaging, product assembly, and nonwovens adhesive dispensing equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment with customers and Nordson commercial team members over the phone and through email to minimize customer downtime
- Complete a general service ticket for every interaction utilizing SAP cloud for customers (C4C)
- Research and provide individual parts, bill of material (BOM) and drawing information on configurable and standard equipment to internal and external customers utilizing SAP software
- Research and provide customer product manuals, instruction sheets, users guides, parts lists, and product advisories utilizing Canto document library
- Escalate product quality/trouble issues reported to technical services to the appropriate account team/division and collaborate as needed to effectively reach a resolution
- Collaborate with other technical service/engineering groups and subject matter experts (SME) worldwide to resolve customer inquiries as needed
- Stay up-to date on current and legacy products and service information through regular training, both formal and on-the job (OJT)
- Disseminate sales leads to the appropriate account team utilizing a zip code matrix as needed
- Test, teardown, and evaluation of returned Demo products.
- Participate in a mandatory After Hours (6pm-730am EST) technical support call rotation for one week at a time (overtime pay for being on-call is included)
- Overtime may be necessary as assignments dictate, to include weekdays, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Associates degree (A.A. / A.S.) Or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School; Bachelors degree preferred, or four to five years of related experience and/or training is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable. Military experience in a technical MOS/AFSC/NEC is desirable.
- Minimum 6+ years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems knowledge
- Hardware and software driven equipment knowledge
- Ability to use basic instrumentation, tools, and equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend installation, dimensional and troubleshooting drawings/flowcharts, hydraulic/pneumatic diagrams, electrical schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Basic understanding of PLC systems knowledge and interface a plus
- Experience with SAP is highly desired, C4C is a plus
- Troubleshooting methodology and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team player
- Able to thrive in a changing environment
- Sense of urgency to get the job done, self-motivated and takes initiative
- Well organized and demonstrate good time management and prioritization
- Basic computer skills
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Field/Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals.
- Position is an onsite position. (not remote)
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
#LI-OnsiteNordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.