Global Operations Director
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
Directs and coordinates the activities of the Operations organization to obtain optimum efficiency and throughput while maximizing profits via Nordson’s Ascend Strategy. Collaborates with the Continuous Improvement Team to identify opportunities in the production and distribution environment and quickly implements remedies to issues that might prevent meeting or exceeding performance goals. Drives organizational objectives to functional departments and value streams through subordinate managers and supervisors. Responsible for safety, costs, methods, operations, and quantity of production output.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage global operations and responsible for operations capabilities and performance.
- Promote and focuses on instilling a culture of safety by leading and directing staff to accomplish goals consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures
- Foster a culture of accountability and ownership through agile and effective communications, processes and execution with transparency, empowerment, calmness, resilience, and confidence.
- Develop and communicate a vision and strategic objectives that aligns the operations and division strategy. Lead strategically and collaboratively with functional partners to ensure operations evolves as needed by the division to deliver divisional operational goals and KPI’s
- Establish key performance indicators that drive change and visibility to the team. Track, trend, and monitor routinely with active data analysis and visual management to target and deliver results.
- Drive fiscal accountability and knowledge managing key operating metrics, budgets and schedules.
- Ensure there is a routine resource planning process and assessment that ensures teams coordinate the hiring, training, coaching and annual performance reviews of operations staff across sites, ensuring clear objectives and expectations are set with routine direct feedback.
- Direct and manage operations initiatives (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, process improvements, major repairs, etc.) and progress, ensuring key milestones
- Develop, recommend and execute on Continues Improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives with NBS Next framework and a focus on on-time delivery, productivity, cost reduction and overall margin improvement.
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure products meet established customer and company quality standards
- Develop labor capacity models and material plans needed to meet sales forecasts, while maintaining flexibility to minimize cost and inventory levels
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to daily manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.)
- Develop a high performing team and promote team concepts, diversity and inclusion, coaching, mentoring, training, talent / succession management, and individual development. Promotes and encourages the development of people to ensure leadership continuity. Reviews organization and staffing plans to ensure that they are consistent and competitive for attainment of division objectives
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Other responsibilities, as necessary
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related field with 10+ years in manufacturing operations
- 10+ years’ experience in increasingly responsible managerial and leadership roles in a manufacturing company.
- Established record of tangible results and accomplishments in operations, business development and staff development running a global manufacturing organization.
- Demonstrated success in strategic efforts to drive safety, quality, consistent performance and productivity
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect, while empowering and motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
- Ability to work cross functionally with internal teams and external customers Strategic, critical thinker with strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Results oriented, approach focused on developing and building high performance teams.
- Ability to manage at all levels, communicate a clear and compelling agenda and influence others to support timely achievement of initiatives and goals.
- Creative thinker who can develop and implement new ideas and approaches.
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization at the earliest stages of planning and development to meet plant objectives; directing, allocating the plant’s resources, timing, etc., resources needed to assure meeting the plant’s objectives.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to this position and safety.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office & Manufacturing Environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TRAVEL REQUIRED - Estimated about 20%
#LI-KS1Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.