Global Marketing Communications Manager
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
The Global Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for development, implementation and measurement of a strategic and integrated marketing communications plan that builds the reputation and supports the profitable growth targets of Nordson’s Packaging Product lines. The strategic plan and its related tactics are developed in collaboration with global product line and portfolio managers and with Division-led marketing, sales, and business teams. The Manager is responsible for consistent execution of all appropriate tactics within the strategic communications plan in all regions of the world and manages a global team of direct reports as well as related external support agencies. The Manager ensures all communication activities are aligned with Nordson corporate standards and public company disclosure requirements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing collateral: Develops all print and interactive brochures, presentations, case studies, sales sheets, videos, animations, etc. to support promotion and sales of Nordson PPA and NW products and services.
- Web site: Responsible for all aspects of the PPA and NW web site including regular updates to content, search engine optimization (SEO) and related tasks. Monitors and interprets analytics. Leads emerging initiatives on digital marketing capabilities, including personalization, lead scoring and integration of web site to CRM.
- Media relations: Develops relationships with editors and reporters of key trade media publications. Develops regular cadence of press releases, feature stories, videos, case histories and other content to build brand awareness. Serves as media spokesperson as required.
- Advertising: Develops, implements, and evaluates paid traditional and online advertising campaigns.
- Trade shows: Supports Divisions with show plans and messaging.
- Social media: Develops social media plan to engage potential customers, build brand awareness, and monitor the industry and competitors.
- Budget: Prepares annual communications budget. Reviews and approves all related invoices. Tracks monthly progress and provides budgetary and forecast information.
- Competitive Intelligence: Monitors, evaluates and reports on tactics of Nordson competitors in all communication channels.
- Measurement: Devises appropriate metrics and tracks progress related to various tactics and objectives. Provides results and insight to key constituents.
- Talent management: Maintains and grows an agile and engaged global organization. Manages outside vendors as required.
- Internal Communication: Works with Division leadership to ensure corporate and business strategy and goals are disseminated and understood throughout their organizations. Collaborates opportunistically across Nordson business lines. Works in collaboration with Corporate Communications department as required and represents PPA and NW in any corporate communication initiatives.
- Acquisition integration: Assists in the marketing integration of any businesses acquired.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or related field required.
- Additional professional designations desirable: Accredited in Public Relations (APR), Accredited Business Communicator (ABC), Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) or similar
- Advanced degree a plus
- 10 years minimum of industrial, commercial or agency marketing communications experience
- Experience in developing global marketing communication programs
Skills and Abilities
- Successful candidate will have strong combination of strategic vision and tactical execution.
- Outstanding writing, speaking, presenting and interpersonal communication skills
- Microsoft office 365 Suite
- Adobe creative suite or equivalent
- Basic HTML, Sitecore content management system (or related CMS), Google analytics. Experience with digital marketing tools and CRM systems a plus.
- Business and financial acumen
- Ability to work in a global environment with diverse internal and external colleagues and customers. Cultural awareness.
- Influencing, project management, strategic agility, adaptability, team building, strong leadership skills, empowered decision maker, take charge attitude.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
#LI-OnsiteNordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.