Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
The Material Planner is responsible for integrating NBS Goals and targets into tactical execution to purchase materials and manufacture products. The Material Planner is responsible for fulfilling the daily requirements of handling material exceptions, expediting purchase orders, and making appropriate adjustments to meet delivery and inventory objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles data on order volume and production strategies to estimate future material requirements and flow.
- Drives material plan execution to achieve leadership level delivery performance and customer commitments by coordinating incoming and outgoing movement of components and finished products.
- Maintains material master data to efficiently process orders through SAP.
- Works with Value Stream leads to ensure demand is properly sequenced and capacity is correct.
- Creates and manages purchase orders with suppliers. Maintains purchase info records.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers to monitor lead time and adherence to schedule agreement quantities. Maintain ROP, commitment, minimum, and delivery quantities.
- Reviews and executes engineering changes to accurately determine changes to the amount and timing of material requirements.
- Implements established Inventory Optimization guidelines.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. In lieu of degree, a combination of education and years of related experience may be considered.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- 2 – 4 years of related experience required; planning, coordinating, and scheduling production operations experience is preferred.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience using material planning software, preferably SAP
- Prior experience in inventory management.
- APICS Supply Chain Certification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Skilled use of SAP
- Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing processes such as Kanban.
- Time management skills to prioritize and multi-task.
- Customer-service orientation. Strives to proactively address customer concerns and needs.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to process data logically and identify issues.
- Ability to develop an understanding and practice of Nordson values and competencies
- Values cultural diversity and other differences; fosters an environment where people who are culturally diverse can work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee will frequently be required to traverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires use of computer and telephone.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Work environment may contain load noises and odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
- Workspace is one that may contain moving mechanical parts
#LI-OnsiteNordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.